These terms and conditions will apply to your access and use of our website at theholocaustexplained.org. By using our website, you accept that you will be bound to the terms and conditions of use in full. If you do not agree to any of these terms and conditions, you must not access, use and/or contribute to our website. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, you can contact us using the details set out below.
Licence to use theholocaustexplained.org
- You agree to use theholocaustexplained.org only for lawful purposes and in a considerate and responsible way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of tate.org.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes:
● using the website for any purpose that is against the law
● harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person
● transmitting defamatory, libellous, racist, obscene, pornographic, indecent or offensive or menacing content which could cause anxiety to anyone else
● using the website in any way that cause interruption or damage to the online services or renders them impaired or less efficient
● using the website in any way that could cause damage or disruption to another user’s computer
● using the website to transmit or upload computer viruses or other harmful files or programmes
● collecting data about other users
● transmitting or sending unsolicited commercial communications such as junk mail or spam.
- Minimum Age/Parental Consent: Until you are 18 years old, by using our online services, you certify that your parents have or legal guardian has consented to your use and agree to these terms on your behalf. Parental discretion is advised and we recommend that you review these terms with your parents/guardian before using our website. We may require your parents or legal guardian to provide a written acknowledgement of these terms on your behalf before we provide you with part or all of our online services.
- Copyright: All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on theholocaustexplained.org and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in WL or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use theholocaustexplained.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. In certain prescribed circumstances, you may adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any theholocaustexplained.orgcontent for your own personal, non-commercial use, with the prior written permission of WL which will be indicated against the relevant theholocaustexplained.org content.
- The names, images and logos identifying WL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of WL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of WL or any other third party.
- Complaints and take down policy: You can contact us to make a complaint about any aspect of our online services or if you think your or a third party’s copyright has been infringed by our online service. Please submit full details to the following email address: email@example.com. If you have a complaint about an item of content that has been posted or uploaded by another user, you may click on the flag next to the item and select the appropriate category of activity about the complaint.
- Privacy and Data Protection: WL complies with all applicable UK and EU data protection legislation in force in respect of any personal information you submit to us. The personal details you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you and will not be passed onto unauthorised third parties without your explicit consent. You can contact us to amend or remove any information you submit to us. If you want WL to remove all of you personal information, you may do so by submitting your name, email address and telephone number and requesting the deactivation of your account to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to unsubscribe from newsletters/other email then click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link which can be usually found at the bottom of the relevant communication.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- WL content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to WL, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is’ and on an ‘as available’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, WL excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. WL does not guarantee the completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by WL is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of WL for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes WL’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, WL shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of theholocaustexplained.org regardless of the form of action.
- WL does not warrant that functions available on theholocaustexplained.org will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that theholocaustexplained.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of WL to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the WL’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and you agree with WL to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust & Genocide
29 Russell Square, London WC1B 5 DP